The wonderful thing about this internet of ours is that there is a lot of great, funny, and resonant content about anxiety.
Mental Health Advocacy
- Michelle Obama: Let’s Change the Conversation Around Mental Health
- When is it ok to claim you’re having a panic attack?
- The Mighty’s mental health community, which is supportive and wonderful and makes you feel like you’re not alone.
- Hyperbole and a Half, because Allie Brosh is wonderful and funny and she totally gets it and I’m sad that she hasn’t posted for like five years.
- Comics by @introvertdoodles (who you should follow on instagram)
- 18 times tumblr really got introverts
- Things people do because of their depression
- This guy from Humans of New York, who gets it
- Choice words from Chris Evans
- Emma Stone’s take on anxiety
- “The Yellow Wallpaper“, a short story by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, whose post-partum depression led others to classify her as hysterical and dismiss her experience as invalid. She was inspired to write the story by the way others treated her during her depression, and she was a straight up OG feminist who divorced her first husband at a time when no one did that. She was AWESOME.
- Stress expert Brad Stulberg, whose journey is really interesting and who totally ets panic attacks.
If you come across something awesome that should be on this page, please let me know!